Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You Are A Star!!!

It doesn’t really matter whether or not you like reality TV shows or not because they’re here and I don’t see them going anywhere. They’re easy ways for people to become stars, washed up stars to comeback, and their high ratings and cheap budge make producers giddy. You can’t turn to a station without it having some form of “reality” based concept going on; whether it’s VH1’s Rock of or Foodnetwork’s Top Chef. Some people want to come home and watch something funny, interesting, and most importantly not have to think. People, well most people, have jobs that consist of thinking and can be relatively stressful, my dad would always say, “I figure out problems all day why the hell do I want to come home and think hard some more?” That’s probably why he watched Animal Planet a lot. I see myself falling along these lines because I watch relatively dumb downed shows throughout the day because I don’t want to have to keep up and make my business to watch. If you’ve never seen an episode of Flavor of Love well your in luck my friends because they recap everything before episode and show repeated marathons basically all day long. America’s Next Top Model has ran each season every weekend for the past month. The brand “reality TV” will be with us for a quite sometime and probably get worse. So many people want to be on TV and are willing to upload videos via website to get there faces seen and most reality shows are viewer friendly in which you can go on their webpage and vote for certain cast members, hell there’s even video dairies up on their websites is people really can’t get enough. Mixing cultures, religions, and people who think they’re God’s chosen one you get dramatized television that going to keep viewers tuning in every week. Sure producers and editors edit what type of storylines to go off of, but it seems to the cast themselves full right along into it. Put me and 6 other people (half of them being girls) in a house, supply us with alcohol, and not make us have realistic jobs…where do I sign?




No comments: