Tuesday, May 20, 2008

PBS...A Good Thing

I believe I have nine blog post…at least I think, so this will be my tenth and last. The reading we had consisting of Sesame Street and overall “kids” programming seemed as usual to me. People getting all upset about a show that millions of people like and try to find the “behind” meaning of what is really going on with the show Sesame Street. My question is, “Where can I find a job like that?” I mean come one, what classic show don’t you know of that was happening during the 70’s that didn’t consist of drug users creating it? I say give Sesame Street a break, they’re a non-profit program on PBS, we should be looking more closely in Blues Clues or Dora the Explore and other money hungry shows that are hot right now. In the time of Sesame Street we were worried about Communists and today we’re worried about terrorist, much difference, not really. Sesame Street is a great program that enables children to get some practice before school, plus people aren’t teaching them…Muppets are and that’s cool, considering how a show like Mr. Rogers couldn’t be successful in today’s word due to his resemblance an online predator. Either way shows on PBS are way more educational in a sense compared to shows on Nickelodeon, from Arthur, Reading Rainbow, and Real Science! (come on you can’t beat that lineup). I don’t have kids to worry about currently, but Epley my man you do, and highly take in consideration what you let your kids watch because knowing a little about you, you’ll probably let them what as much TV as they want. Curious George, Dragon Tales, to Sesame Street they all are either informational, educational, or entertaining. I watched them and I turned out alright...some say.

No comments: