Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Reality TV- This could be you!

The reading from the week of reality television didn't surprise me much. What we talked about in class and what the readings said was that it could be you. You can be on a reality television show if you wanted. Lets think to this year and the girl from UNI that was on Big Brother. Now I have never watched that show, nor did I when she was on it, but none the less it showed me that hey I can be on television just like this other girl from UNI. Then came spring break and MTV's trashy shows from spring break in Florida. That is when another UNI student was on television and ended up winning some couples contest. I have heard from various people that the guy wasn't actually dating this girl and that they just were models together. Which then goes to show me that reality television is a bunch of crap. What happened to great television shows that were about family and actually had some talented actors/actresses in them? I miss the days of the Brady Bunch and Wonder Years. Now don't get me wrong I do love the trashy shows that occupy the television time, but I also like watching good shows that have some special meaning in the end. I think I am probably out of luck with that because I feel that television won't be turning around and going back to producing higher cost shows anytime soon. Another thing that really bothered me in class was when Nikki was talking about volunteering on the set of Extreme Home Makeover and she said that Ty was never even there until the last few days before the big reveal. I think that that is pretty shady of him. People think he is such a great guy cause he is helping make someone who has a shitty house so much better and in all reality he doesn't do anything to help really. This needs to be put in a little disclaimer at the end of the show so people know about it. I think that I am going to go apply for the Real World and try to get on there and then I can report back about how unreal it really is.

No comments: