Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Diversity on TV


Oh how do I miss shows like In Living Color and the Wayans Brothers on TV. You can catch a re-run of the shows on BET from time to time, but I miss them being on all the time. I just moved so I can't turn to BET right now to tell you what's on, but it has created a way for diversity to be seen on TV. So what else do we see that shows diversity on TV? I can find Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on late night, Chappelle show on Comedy Central and reality TV shows are including more and more diversity. What I never realized until reading last weeks readings is how bad non-white writers/producers are discriminated against and have their productions overlooked. The "whassup" ads were a big wakeup call, and it was criticized heavily for the way it portrayed African-American males around their age. Personally, I thought it reminded me of crap my friends and I do. So does that mean if my friends and I produced something of that nature, that we're gonna be criticized for

No comments: