Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I love Ellen

I am really not sure what blogs I am missing but I don't think I have had the wonderful opportunity to write about my favorite person on television today...Ellen Degeneres. You may wonder why I think Ellen is just fabulous and I have many reasons for it. First of all how many talk shows do you watch that have the host and all the guests that come on the show dance?! Honestly I think that that is one of the best parts of her show. I wish that every show had the hosts dance because it just lets them show their fun side. Secondly I love Ellen because of her carefree attitude about how people view her. She is a lesbian and has a girlfriend and is very public about it all. She doesn't care what the media says about her homosexuality. She is very comfortable with herself and I think that is something to be admired. She gives a voice to people that didn't have the guts to talk about their homosexuality. When Ellen came out on her show back in the 90's and shortly after the show went to the dumps is just a shame. Ellen was a great show. It was like the Mary Tyler Moore Show of the 90's. Okay, maybe that isn't true completely but they did kind of have the same story line. I might just be partial to gay people. I think that I love everyone that is gay. I think that homosexuality is great and I wish I had a best gay friend. Anyway though....I think that having a acceptance of gay people in television was a great way to give gay people the chance to break out and be more socially accepted. And to end this blog...one last time...I ♥ Ellen!

No comments: