Monday, January 21, 2008

Not as bad as watching it all

To me, the main problem with television today, is that there isn't enough good shows to go around. Most of the good shows that I watch, aren't even on cable, they are on stations that you have to pay extra to receive ( showtime, hbo , etc. ) Having Mediacom, you have to pay extra for almost everything, I believe nate touched on that and I agree totally with what he is saying about all the HD and extras that come with experiencing TV. I'm a big fan of watching HD TV and all the surround sound and all that good stuff, but when there are shows like "I Love New York" and all the "Real World " shows that keep coming out, I ask myself why bother watching. The booze is free on the Real World and therefore getting more "edgy" and having more action to boost the ratings. Now, I understand that shows are out mainly to get ratings and make money, so I can't completely fault MTV for barely showing any music, but its getting to a point that almost anyone can become famous and have their own TV show( Tila Tequila anyone??) I think the best thing that cable companies could do would be to offer more premium services on basic or maybe a basic plus package. I really believe that people shouldn't have to pay extra to watch certain packages and premium stations. Also, I think it would be better to everyone if all reality shows were either taken off the air, or put on a separate channel , just a channel with all reality TV and nothing else. If that were to happen, I wouldn't have to worry about avoiding 5 or 6 different channels to skip each time I'm scrolling through my guide looking for something to watch.

No comments: