Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Does Live TV really matter?

Of course it does. If there's something happening to our community or country, I wanna tune-in to the live newscast and be informed. To me, this is the only type of live TV that I really care about. I could care less about American Idol live, or some reality TV show that is going live for one episode. On the flipside, it does take practice and precision to perform on live TV. My experience at channel 2 helped me realize that live newscasts still carry importance. To the producers and on-air talent, it matters. To the viewers, they want the up-to-date information. I don't know how many videos i've seen online of newscasters screwing up or a station having technical problems. It takes balls to get on the air every night and put up with the adversity. Case in point, Fox news live cast goes wrong.

No comments: