Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Government Television...

Okay..so I really don't know what I am supposed to be blogging about, but I am going to just discuss the idea of government control in television. In my view, I don't think that there is any way that the government could simply give up control and allow for complete freedom when historically, the reigns have been held tight. While people may bitch about the government interfering with our ideas and propaganda being sent out over the airwaves, they need to understand and realize the type of society we live in. If content producers were allowed to upload whatever they please we would have many ideas floating around out there for anyone to see......oh....wait....I think that has been invented already. I don't know, but I heard about this new thing called YouTube where you can upload many things and ANYONE can watch them...at any time... Now yes, i understand that this isn't television, but I honestly believe that eventually, the internet will be people's main source of entertainment. I have previously blogged about this, but I feel that if people took advantage of this and uploaded whatever it is that they produced on both a streaming media website as well as a torrent tracker website then this content could be viewed at any time, in both full and streaming quality....with little or no government involvement. 

I also believe that if television networks continue to load their programs onto media sharing services such as iTunes and viewers also purchase this programming, the popularity of this will rise. The prices are too high for me right now, to pay to watch a show that I will only watch once, but...if they would allow for a sort of subscription service that would let users view the program once and cut costs, then I would consider using this as my main viewing source...

So...as far as my blog goes, this is the end, I really don't know which ones I am missing

No comments: