Friday, February 1, 2008

My New Hair Cut...Live

Last Tuesday we talked mostly about whether or not something live broadcasted or pre-recorded was better or preferred. I enjoy things to be live or done with an in studio audience because it’s got to have the occasional mishaps and screw ups. The realization that I’m viewing something happening right that instant is reassuring to me. It’s almost like I’m there and didn’t have to pay for a ticket or wait in line to see it. A lot of reality shows and late night shows pretend to be live, but basically everyone who has some intelligence realizes it all smoke and mirrors. Even radio isn’t all live and it amazes me that people think that it is. Computers are taking over and allowing for performers to record their voices and broadcast at various times. Like I said, the entertainment business consisting of TV and radio is all SMOKE AND MIRRORS. Either way I enjoy all aspects of entertainment, but things being live give viewers a personal vibe that we can all enjoy. One of my favorite things to watch happens to be professional wrestling, yeah say what you want, and it is shot live every Monday night. Viewers get to see and hear every messed up move and hear every non relevant comment. Shows that are live have a great appeal to viewers, but either way if you like the show or event chances are you are going to watch it if it’s live or not. Watching a show every week shows a viewers dedication to it, and a show performing live or having a special behind the scenes feature shows the show’s gratitude to the fans. We as viewers want to be a part of everything we watch and something being live gets us one step closer to that goal. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments: