Monday, February 4, 2008

Coming at you LIVE!... after being shot, reshot, reshot again, edited, and approved by the FCC.

Thinking about the things that I watch on TV and whether or not I could consider them in any form of "Live" I've decided that I pretty much can't. But I get similar feelings of Live TV within some of the things that I watch. I'm a big fan of The Office which is obviously not live in any form whatsoever. However, the idea that it is filmed to appear as a sort of documentary gives it connotations that it is raw in a form. As we all know, with any show, there are multiple takes of every scene. However, with the development of the shots and the editing, this show can give a feeling of almost a real documentary. Sure the people are ridiculous and the activities that go on sometimes seem unrealistic, but it does seem like real people doing this things rather than actors. So, I suppose if you took the theory of shot live to tape and then completely through it out the window as you make something appear as being shot live to tape you would have something like I'm trying to get at with The Office. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for Epley, but this has been my train of thought.

No comments: