Monday, February 4, 2008

Live television doesn't seem to matter anymore. I don't think that if a show says that it is live it makes me want to watch it any more or less. I helped air the Iowa Women's Basketball game live on Sunday. This was a pretty cool experience since I never have done that before. There is a lot more risk when showing things live I think because if something goes wrong everyone watching it on television can see it. For me that is to risky. I like being able to go film something edit it and make it look good and then show it to people. Having a huge mess up and then having the whole world see it, like Janet Jackson's flesh at the Super Bowl a couple of years back, would be awful. That had to have cost FOX or whoever owns the right to the Super Bowl so much money for something they wouldn't ever predict to happen. And even when people think they are watching the 10:00 news live that isn't always true. Just the other day I watched this guy pre-record himself doing his news at 10 story making it seem like he was in the station but really he was gone by seven. Maybe I was just naive to all of this but I always thought that no matter what the reporters were live. But once I started my internship I realized I was sadly mistaken. Oh well, I think that pre-recorded shows are just as good as any live production can be. All the shows I watch are pre-recorded and I couldn't be any happier watching them.

No comments: